This is the journey of some of the staff members at my library to learn more about Library 2.0 issues and determine if any or all of them fit with our strategic plan and library mission.
Friday, November 17, 2006
Learning 2.0 -- 23 things
Here's a fine example of a library taking the bull by the horns and implementing a training program for all staff on new technologies. The Public Library of Charlotte and Mecklenberg County created a staff training program called Learning 2.0. It was a self-paced 9 week program with an incentive at the end: each library staff member who completed all 23 small exercises received a free MP3 player. Now that's a training program I can really get behind!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mary,
I am excited about what you have set up. It's exactly what I have felt I needed since I started at PPL. The MP3 player incentive would be extra nice, but I think I'll go through the Learning 2.0 anyway.
Linda
Post a Comment